It’s been seven years since we said, “I do.” Happy anniversary, PJ!
Friday, December 19, 2014
Happy Friday! We’ve had a very busy last two weeks with PJ’s graduation(!) in the middle. And we’ve reached the end of our first semester! Today is the first day of winter break. We’re enjoying having my sister visiting and looking forward to more family coming!
Last Thursday, we took a trip to Oak View County Park. I have no pictures, but we enjoyed touring historical buildings displaying how Christmas was celebrated in various eras from the antebellum period to the 1950s. The kids also enjoyed petting goats and picking cotton. Local friends, I highly recommend a trip!
We wrapped up our year-long study of chemistry with units on the pH scale and various types of reactions. The kids painted a pH scale one morning. We’ll start a semester of physics in January.
In history, we finished our study of World War II. We’ll look forward to wrapping up the rest of the 20th century and doing some state history study in the spring.
Other than that, we tied up loose ends in math and grammar. We’ll now enjoy a few weeks off before starting back in January!
Linking up with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers!
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
- This Blank Space parody is fantastic. Fair warning, it was stuck in my head for two days.
- What We Can’t Say to Too Many People: Yep. Those things.
- Our Thanksgiving: A wonderful post on gratitude, as well as many ideas to help people with a long-term challenge
- A grace-filled perspective on being a foster mom
- 100 Hands-On Activities for Middle School and High School: a great homeschooling resource!
- Some thoughts on What to Do About Santa and Rethinking Santa
That’s all, friends! May you be joyfully anticipating the birth of our Savior!