Summer reading! Gotta love it. My reading list is growing like crazy, thanks to the Happy Hour podcast, in which host Jamie Ivey and her guest discuss what they’re reading on each episode.
- The Real Thing: Lessons on Love and Life from a Wedding Reporter’s NotebookThe Real Thing: Lessons on Love and Life from a Wedding Reporter’s Notebook, by Ellen McCarthy: I got this recommendation off a summer reading guide, under the “Get Smart” category. It was a quick read and interesting enough.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette, by Maria Semple: I devoured this book on a recent flight, starting at the airport and finishing just as the plane landed. It was one of the best fiction books I’ve read in a long time, with an engaging story and complex characters.
- Nobody’s Cuter Than You, by Melanie Shankle: I read this on my return flight, enjoying it just as much as Sparkly Green Earrings that I read earlier this year. I love memoirs, and this one is no exception.
- The Explosive Child, by Ross Greene: Enough said.
- Girls Like Us, by Rachel Lloyd: A gut-wrenching book about child trafficking (IN OUR OWN COUNTRY!!) written by a trafficking survivor. I had heard that once you read this book, it will stick with you. True.
July has both a beach trip and a trip to NYC, so I’m hoping to get in some good reading time in the next few weeks!
*Post contains affiliate links.