- We tried this Crock Pot Mongolian Beef this week. Considering there were no leftovers, I think it was a hit!
- Downton Abbey, Season 4! Yes. Although no one else is allowed to die.
- Pretty sure Jen Hatmaker read my mind before writing her latest blog post, Relational Repair for the Difficult. “It’s like I can’t dig deep enough for the requirements of this relationship lately. Whether the well is just dry or my selfishness is simply unbridled or this child really would shatter the patience of Job, it doesn’t matter. Because she is unhappy and I am unhappy and apparently I am the grown up and something has to give.”
- Looking for something new to read? Try Andy Davis’ new book, An Infinite Journey. You can read a review by Tim Challies, which beings, “Now this is a good book. A really good book.”
- If you’re anything like my family, you should just direct deposit your paycheck into your Amazon account. Put all those purchases to good use and support the International Mission Board’s Lottie Moon Christmas Offering by shopping through this link. A portion of your purchase will support overseas missionaries!
- On Motherhood: “The only job description to being a stay-at-home mom is this: crapshoot. There is rarely a “daily” anything. But I’ve learned one thing…there will be grace for each moment, even when I feel like I want to beat my head against the wall.”
- I came across this chore plan, which looks like it could work well.
Hope to see y’all next week!
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 118:1