- I read Jennie Allen’s Restless this summer and enjoyed it so much. Here’s an excerpt at A Holy Experience: “We are filled with God to pour Him into the darkness. Pour Him into the broken souls who are starving for something.We are: built by God, rescued by God, filled with God, pleasing to God. May we never get over it.”
Well, that’s the only link I saved to share this week. I’m trying to drastically cut my facebook time, so I’m not coming across as many articles as I usually read. Instead, I’m going to share my current reading list. I’m on a bit of a book binge right now, gathering books in an ever-growing nightstand stack or in my Kindle menu. I love books.
- An Infinite Journey: Written by FBC Durham’s pastor, Andy Davis, this book is incredibly helpful for growing in sanctification. It seems long, but I read it a chapter at a time and it was very manageable.
- Women of the Word: I read this in preparation for my ladies’ Bible study on Philippians this fall. It was by far the best instruction I’ve ever received in how to study the Bible. I’m looking forward to applying it to my studies.
- Fiction, not chick-lit: I’m giving Tolkien a third try. I have started The Hobbit twice before but never made it past the first three pages. I’m halfway through now, with real intentions to read the trilogy.
- Of no intellectual value, but fun: I just finished Mindy Kaling’s book, soon to be followed by Revenge Wears Prada and Shopaholic to the Stars.
- Written by sisters: I was able to snag A Million Little Ways and The Nesting Place on Kindle sales last week! These have been on my to-read list for awhile.
I also have a growing Amazon wishlist of books set aside for my birthday. Like I said, I love books.
Have any great reads to share with me? Leave a comment!