I’ve come across some good resources regarding the Planned Parenthood debacle and collected them here for your information. Get informed, whether through this post or other sources. Don’t believe the oh-so-many lies that we need Planned Parenthood or else all hell will break loose regarding women’s health care. It already has. I’m hoping to write a post soon about the “health care” that Planned Parenthood does(n’t) provide, but until then, here’s some good reading.
- A Quick and Easy Guide to the Planed Parenthood Videos: I was crying by the end of this article. The horrible things being done to babies by Planned Parenthood just. keep. coming. Y’all, pray for the people in these videos. They are delving so far into wickedness, but they are not out of reach of Jesus.
- Warning: Telemedicine Abortion Lowers the Standard of Care: Outside of the abortions themselves, my biggest point of contention with Planned Parenthood comes from the horrifically sub-standard medical “care” that is given to women who use their services. A t.v. screen and a pill drawer? Seriously? Ok, what happens when that woman develops uncontrolled bleeding or an infection? Talk to the doctor who isn’t available to her? Planned Parenthood does not value women’s health or women’s dignity.
- What Would Really Happen if We Defunded Planned Parenthood and Ended Abortion?: “If you are holding up a pro-life sign, then you’d better be ready for 1.05 million new babies in our country on a yearly basis, and you’d better have a better plan than just ‘have the baby and see you later.’…The end of mass abortion to the Christian can only mean the commitment to either serious mother-mentorship or mass adoption.” Amen. Yes. Let’s get ready.
- Senator Lankford Speaks About Planned Parenthood Video on the Senate Floor: I really wish this guy would run for president. He has got to be the best thing to come out of Oklahoma.
- Martin Neimoller, the Selling of Aborted Body Parts, and the Freedom of Speech: a wonderful post by my friend, Rachel, linking thoughts on the Holocaust to abortion.
- Tender Mercies: giving thanks for what has been done and is being done to fight abortion.
- An Honest Conversation About Abortion that Asks Us Not to Turn Away—from anyone: “The abortion debate is not so much about how we can somehow change the law, but how we can rise up and change how we show Gospel love…We will not rest until we take the step after Facebook status updates — and get down on our knees and serve women who feel like they have no choice.” Ann Voskamp, spot on and focused on the gospel, as always.
- Did You Mean to Have All These Children?: While not directly discussing abortion, this post is a good reminder to Christians to remember that, “the answer to “Don’t you know what causes that?” is not a what, but a Who. I don’t know why God gave me children effortlessly and withholds them from others who would make fantastic parents. But I know this: fertility is not a curse, it is a gift. It is a scandalous miracle.” If we’re pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the time, not just when fighting abortion.