- My brother-in-law makes an awesome clam chowder. Yum.
- Leggings are a cute way to look like you got dressed but feel like you’re still wearing pajamas. My sister has been wanting me to learn this truth for quite some time now.
- My big kids can do their own laundry! This has been a good way for them to have a responsibility around the house that actually impacts them directly.
- It is possible to go a full three weeks without cooking, thanks to freezer meals and awesome friends and family.
- And here’s the big one…it occurred to me this week that I am going to be the mom of a middle-schooler for the next fifteen years. Fifteen. Fifteen! That is half my life over again! You guys, I am the. worst. about handling middle school drama. By the time King Kid #5 gets to middle school, there is a good chance that my face will be stuck in a permanent eye-roll. Allow me to sum up middle school for you:
- You are being mean and should stop. Of course no one likes you when you are being mean.
- Someone else is being mean and you should ignore them. They’ll grow out of it…or not.
- No one cares about your outfit/what you said/cool factor even one one-hundredth as much as you think they do. They’re only worried about themselves. Move along.
- I am that mom who sends in pencils when Halloween “treats” are requested at school. Halloween pencils, but pencils nonetheless. Combatting the sugar crazy, one pencil at a time.
- Watching kids who don’t know their right from their left do the Hokey Pokey is pretty funny! They tend to crash into each other a lot.
That’s it for this month! Feel free to share what you learned in the comments below or do your own link-up post.
Enjoy your Halloween/day when kids act much more insane than usual/day that Christians don’t celebrate but still happen to dress up in costumes and collect candy
Linking up with Emily Freeman!