- We’re having a baby BOY! Up until this month, I was set on not finding out the baby’s gender. I thought a birth-day surprise would be fun after these long, nauseous months! Well, I’m far too much of an organizer and planner to actually wait on the surprise, so we found out that a baby boy is on his way! We had a great ultrasound with lots of fun pictures, and thankfully all looks well with our little guy.
- I love Texas winters more than I thought I did. Though I’ve spent a bit of time bemoaning my inability to wear my new sweaters, when I was wearing a t-shirt while drinking an iced tea on December 22, I remembered that I’m really not a cold-weather person and that the warm Texas winters are just fine with me. And today, I’m wearing a sweater and fleece leggings the day after turning on the AC. Texas forever.
- I need to add teacher gifts to my shopping list. While I am so thankful every single day for the people who teach my kids, it did not enter my mind to buy Christmas gifts for them! The last full day of school found me running around buying gift cards to hand out of the car window at carpool time and sending Starbucks email gifts. There’s always next year? Which will be gift cards, I’m sure.
- Downton Abbey comes back on January 3. So, so excited for the final season. Those dresses. That drama. Oh, and Parenthood’s final season comes to Netflix on December 31. If you need me, I’ll be under the electric blanket with my iPad.
- Our neighbors are awesome. We live on a cul-de-sac that has hosted a neighborhood Christmas party for 18 years now! All current and former neighbors are invited to the dinner and white elephant exchange. This was our first year to attend, and we had a great time! We got to meet the first two owners of our home, dating back to the mid-seventies. We heard first-hand stories of witnessing the Waco tornado in 1953, teaching at a school when it was integrated, and what Dolly Parton was like at the beginning of her career. And we came away with an Olaf snow hat that looks precious on Seth, so win-win!
Linking up with Emily Freeman!