Another month gone! This was a heavy reading month for me. My C-section recovery took quite awhile, so I spent a good bit of this month laying in bed and enjoying books. I read a lot more fiction than I normally do.
- Orphan Train, by Christina Baker Klein: An interesting read tying together the past of the orphan trains with the present of foster care.
- The Hypnotist's Love Story, by Liane Moriarty: I really enjoy this author's novels. They are always engaging while being easy to read.
- Olive Kitteridge, by Elizabeth Strout: I expected to like this but found it depressing. I finished it because I'm a completionist!
- Nearly Normal, by Tracey Fields: I grabbed this when I saw it was written by an adoptive mama of five. Solidarity!
- The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion: Again, I expected to like this one because I'd heard rave reviews. It was written from an interesting perspective not typical to chick-lit.
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford: I enjoyed this historical fiction dealing with the Japanese internment camps of WWII.
What was your favorite read this month?
This post contains affiliate links.